Monday, March 3, 2014
CTBI's in Boxing
Some of the most dangerous sports in the world include, boxing, football, snow sports, horseback riding, rugby and much more. The sports listed tend to be the sports with the most injuries. Boxing is the sport we will be discussing. I chose boxing because I have boxed and done martial arts for 10 years of my life. I have had multiple injuries and have experienced trauma to my brain. 20% of professional boxers today experience CTBI or Chronic Traumatic Brain Injury. Risk factors of CTBI include, length or career, bouts, and age of retirement. Usually brain injuries occur from concussive hits the the head causing. Just about every time a fighter, one of the boxers who participates in a match, is knocked out, a concussion usually occurs. What are concussions? Look below for more information!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment